How to start application by at91bootstrap with uc/OS

This forum is for users of Atmel's SAM Series and who are interested in using µC/OS-II, The Real-Time Kernel.

Moderator: nferre

ForestWang

How to start application by at91bootstrap with uc/OS

Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:02 am

Hi all:

I'm working on SAMA5D3X-EVM with uc/OS, I dont know how to boot the uc/OS application by at91bootstrap, is there a branch with 91bootstrap for the application without OS, or for uc/OS like?

thanks.

Forest
blue_z

Re: How to start application by at91bootstrap with uc/OS

Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:25 pm

ForestWang wrote:is there a branch with 91bootstrap for the application without OS, or for uc/OS like?
I know nothing about uC/OS, so I'm not sure what you mean by "application without OS" (do you mean a standalone program?) or "for uc/OS like" (bad grammar?).
Latest versions of AT91Bootstrap can load U-Boot, the Linux or Android kernel or a standalone program (intended for Softpack examples).
If you learn how to boot an uc/OS application, then you can try to use the standalone configuration or customize AT91Bootsrtap.

Regards
ForestWang

Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:50 am

blue_z wrote:
ForestWang wrote:is there a branch with 91bootstrap for the application without OS, or for uc/OS like?
I know nothing about uC/OS, so I'm not sure what you mean by "application without OS" (do you mean a standalone program?) or "for uc/OS like" (bad grammar?).
Latest versions of AT91Bootstrap can load U-Boot, the Linux or Android kernel or a standalone program (intended for Softpack examples).
If you learn how to boot an uc/OS application, then you can try to use the standalone configuration or customize AT91Bootsrtap.

Regards
yes, I mean the standalone program. take sama5d3-ev as an example. the configuration file as below:
sama5d3xekdf_linux_image_dt_defconfig
sama5d3xekdf_uboot_defconfig
sama5d3xeknf_android_image_dt_defconfig
sama5d3xeknf_linux_image_dt_defconfig
sama5d3xeknf_uboot_defconfig
sama5d3xeknor_uboot_defconfig
sama5d3xeksd_android_image_dt_defconfig
sama5d3xeksd_linux_image_dt_defconfig
sama5d3xeksd_uboot_defconfig

which is the standalone one?

thanks.
blue_z

Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:34 am

ForestWang wrote:take sama5d3-ev as an example.
That's not the proper spelling for any Atmel board.
ForestWang wrote:which is the standalone one?
None of them. The standalone-program configuration does not have a configuration file.
You will have to choose a config file that is close to what you need. Perform the `make xxx_defconfig', and then customize the configuration with a `make menuconfig`. The "Image Loading Strategy" and "Demo Application Image Storage Setup" are the salient selections.

The only documentation I know of is this.

Regards

Return to “- µC/OS-II - Real-Time Kernel”