Buldroot rootfs.tar to nand flash help please

Discussion around AT91RM9200 and SAM9 Series Products.

Moderator: nferre

senioriceman

Buldroot rootfs.tar to nand flash help please

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:57 am

Hi everyone,

For my board i have created at91bootsrap.bin,uboot.bin. And also by using buildroot i created .dtb file, uImage and rootfs.tar. When i write them to nand flash by samba, I can see with serial that board is loading everything upto rootfs. It says kernel panic and stops.
However the build root created a rootfs.tar file and from my searches this file must be rootfs.ubifs i suppose.

Now in my laptop(not the at91sam board) i have rootfs.tar. How am i going to convert this to rootfs.ubifs so i can directly write it to nand.
Should i make some changes on buildroot menuconfig to make it create rootfs ubifs image.

I am truly amateur on this topic please explain accordingly.

Thanks from now.
blue_z

Re: Buldroot rootfs.tar to nand flash help please

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:46 am

senioriceman wrote:When i write them to nand flash by samba, I can see with serial that board is loading everything upto rootfs. It says kernel panic and stops.
Samba is a network protocol. You presumably mean SAM-BA.
senioriceman wrote:However the build root created a rootfs.tar file and from my searches this file must be rootfs.ubifs i suppose.
You haven't provided any information (e.g. the U-Boot environment and the boot log) to confirm or refute your guess.
senioriceman wrote:Should i make some changes on buildroot menuconfig to make it create rootfs ubifs image.
That's not the only way, but it would be the simplest method.

Regards

Return to “SAM9 ARM9 MPU”