TWI Slave mode on AT91SAM9x5

Discussion around AT91RM9200 and SAM9 Series Products.

Moderator: nferre

k0402j
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:03 am

TWI Slave mode on AT91SAM9x5

Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:14 am

Hi All,

I want to use the TWI Interface of the AT91SAM9x5 as Slave but I don't see anything.
I already use to TWI master that operate no problem my evaluation board .
I have seen to registers of TWI slave mode in AT91SAM9X5 datasheet.
But why don't include it register in AT91 TWI device driver with linux? How to implement with TWI slave mode?

Best regards,
jihoon
blue_z
Location: USA
Posts: 1978
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:15 pm

Re: TWI Slave mode on AT91SAM9x5

Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:13 pm

k0402j wrote:I want to use the TWI Interface of the AT91SAM9x5 as Slave but I don't see anything.
Is something getting lost in translation?
What are you looking for?
Where are you looking?
k0402j wrote:I already use to TWI master that operate no problem my evaluation board .
A master to operate what?
k0402j wrote:I have seen to registers of TWI slave mode in AT91SAM9X5 datasheet.
But why don't include it register in AT91 TWI device driver with linux?
Because the Linux driver is only for master mode.
k0402j wrote:How to implement with TWI slave mode?
A slave to do what?
Without defining an application, how can you implement functionality of a slave device?

Additionally Linux 3.18 documentation for I2C states:

Code: Select all

At this time, Linux only operates I2C (or SMBus) in master mode; you can't
use these APIs to make a Linux system behave as a slave/device, either to
speak a custom protocol or to emulate some other device. 
This does not preclude you from creating your own API for a slave device.

Regards

Return to “SAM9 ARM9 MPU”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests