Debugging Fails with IAR and Segger J-Link

All design tool related questions: compiler, assembler, linker. Embedded programming questions: assembler, C code.

Moderator: nferre

3F800000

Debugging Fails with IAR and Segger J-Link

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:32 pm

While using IAR Embedded Workbench/J-Link to debug my SAMA5D2 (with XPlained board) the debugging session goes out to lunch. After stepping the log shows:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 13:18:23: Warning: CPU could not be halted
Then a message is displayed:
Target is running, Failed to stop the target. Maybe the target needs to be reset. Try Again? (Pressing NO aborts debug session)
Can anyone explain what is happening and how to mitigate this behavior? A colleague of mine has the same problem, using IAR/Segger but on a different ARM processor and entirely different code.

Thanks!
Trilok

Re: Debugging Fails with IAR and Segger J-Link

Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi,

I'm just getting started with SAMA5D2 Xplained board. I need some help about this board.

1. I want to start with IRE embedded workbench. Can you please guide me how to create/import examples in IRE embedded workbench. I downloaded some files from git hub i.e., atmel-software-package-master this contains the examples and other supporting files.
2. I'm trying to use examples from atmel-software-package-master but I'm failing to do.

Hoping for response

Thanks/Regards
Trilok

Return to “Development Tools”