Using FPU under SAMV71/S70

All design tool related questions: compiler, assembler, linker. Embedded programming questions: assembler, C code.

Moderator: nferre

Freuz

Using FPU under SAMV71/S70

Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:14 pm

Hi all,

I'm exploring the SAMV71 with the Xplained board in the goal to deploy a new product based on the SAMS70. We stop the choice to this MCU with Cortex M7 with FPU module because we have an intensive floating-point application.

Under Atmel Studion 6.2 and in according of the application note "Atmel-44047A-ATARM-Optimize-Usage-SAM-V71-V70-E70-S70-Architecture-Application Note_08-Jul-15" in the section 3.2, we have benchmark this MCU by activate the FPU and compiling the application with these flags: -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16

If I use the "hard" flag instead of "softfp", I got a compiler error "Error 5 GccApplication1.o uses VFP register arguments, GccApplication1.elf does not...". I was assuming that compiled libraries with this flag are included in the toolchain, it seems that is not the case. How I can get this libraries compliled with this flag? Does exist any documentation, informations on a web link, etc. to do this?

Thanks,

Return to “Development Tools”