AS6.2 SAM4S Breakpoints Get Stuck

All design tool related questions: compiler, assembler, linker. Embedded programming questions: assembler, C code.

Moderator: nferre

NigelF

AS6.2 SAM4S Breakpoints Get Stuck

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:24 am

I am setting breakpoints in a timed ISR that occurs every 10 mS (priority is 7). Normally I would expect to hit the breakpoint once, then hit "Continue" and have the code execute until the next time it reaches the breakpoint.

But I can tell that I am really going nowhere at all. When I hit "Continue" I appear hit the same breakpoint again. But I am really just sticking there. If I check tick timers etc. I can see that nothing else is happening. I can put a breakpoint right below the first one and I will never hit it unless I remove the first breakpoint.

So in order to debug by repetitively hitting a breakpoint I constantly have to set and clear one of two adjacent
breakpoints. Each time I hit a breakpoint I have to clear it.

Compiler optimization is 0. Board is SAM4S Xplained Pro.

I must have something set wrong somewhere. I sure would like to know how to fix this.

Nigel
WWebber

Re: AS6.2 SAM4S Breakpoints Get Stuck

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:14 pm

I read in another thread that others have similar problems. I personally did not check it, but it seems TC0_Handler() code cannot be debugged at all.

Return to “Development Tools”