Problems with Atmel Studio locating header files

All design tool related questions: compiler, assembler, linker. Embedded programming questions: assembler, C code.

Moderator: nferre

Geno.Schilling

Problems with Atmel Studio locating header files

Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:43 pm

For some reason when I use the ASF Wizard to add an available module (such as GPIO or Delay Routines) I get an error when I compile my code saying "gpio.h: No such file or directory". But if I click the cursor on the include statement it shows the correct path in the path window above. If I just type "#include <" it will show all available header files which WILL include the supposedly missing file. If I were to copy the path from above (ie. #include "C:/.../.../whatever/whatever.h") I will not get that error, but it will then give me an error that the next header file is missing. Before I used ASF Wizard to add the Delay Routines Module, I did not have any problems with the headers.
Geno.Schilling

Re: Problems with Atmel Studio locating header files

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:00 pm

I also wanted to add, that the missing header file is in asf.h, not main.c or a file I created. And stranger yet, before I added the "Delay Routines" Module in ASF Wizard, the asf.h header file which was included in main.c compiled perfectly.
Geno.Schilling

Re: Problems with Atmel Studio locating header files

Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:49 am

I'm using the SAM4E16E on the Xplained Pro dev board with Atmel Studio 6.2.1502 - Service Pack 1 and ASF 3.20.1.

I actually got it working by starting a brand new project, re adding everything with ASF wizard and just cut & pasting the code from the old project into the new. But I was really hoping to find the reason behind my problem, not just kludging it. Hopefully that was a one time thing.

Return to “Development Tools”