problem in compiling IAR with sam7128

All design tool related questions: compiler, assembler, linker. Embedded programming questions: assembler, C code.

Moderator: nferre

shakeel

problem in compiling IAR with sam7128

Fri May 29, 2009 1:06 pm

hi
i am trying to simulate example for at91sam7s128 in IAR.
but i dont have a board,so they dont work as they need to be downloaded to board .

C:\Program Files\IAR Systems\Embedded Workbench 5.4\arm\examples\Atmel\at91sam7s-ek

so i have tried to make a simple function with nothing in the body just to see if i can compile
my own example,i have included the header file <AT91SAM7S128.h> and kept the board_cstartup_iar.s file in folder.but when i make it , i get error[25] board does not support the specified chip ,though i have selected the device atmel at91sam7s128 from options.
this error comes in board.h which is included in .s file. please help me to run a simple pio toggle program.
shakeel
gerhardf

Re: problem in compiling IAR with sam7128

Sat May 30, 2009 11:15 am

hello,
take the example "getting-started-project" from the directory you mentioned and you will find everything you need for a starting point.

regards
gerhard
shakeel

Sat May 30, 2009 1:21 pm

hi
gerhard
thanks a lot for helping me,i did as u advised but ,i can only compile the project(getting started),i cant debug or simulate without downloading on board,as i dont have board so i select option debug without downloading ,or i press simulate button.but in both cases iar hangs or go to non responding mode.
waiting for ur response
Shakeel
gerhardf

Sat May 30, 2009 5:32 pm

hello,
to be honest i never used the simulator before, because it's useless. you are not able to simulate any peripherals and most of the low-level initialization fails because of missing simulated peripheral.
but i tried it and get it up with the following steps:
-) use configuration "at91sam7s128_sram"
-) select project => option => debugger => driver => simulator
-) very important is to uncheck "setup macros"

with this steps i got c-spy starting with simulator.
but as soon as it comes to the function LowLevelInit() the simulator hangs becaus of missing peripheral.

i would recommend a test-board and a jtag-emulator in any case.

regards
gerhard
shakeel

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:24 am

hi

i hve run a simple program that i developed for debug target,so that i can simulate it,though there are no peripherals in simulator.for this i had to

first
add .s file from the iar folder,instead of keeping .s in local project folder and adding it from local path,

2nd thing
in board .h i wrote #define at91sam7s128, so that it does not say chip not supported
only giving preporocessor directive in project option does not work.

3rd
i kept .h file in my local folder and from options debugger =simulator +run to main
now i m going to check cmx demo but i have only found it for sam7s256,and 512 not for 128,which i will use for my project

Regards
Shakeel

Return to “Development Tools”