Available communication stacks

All design tool related questions: compiler, assembler, linker. Embedded programming questions: assembler, C code.

Moderator: nferre

DrBudz

Available communication stacks

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:27 pm

Hi all,

Apologies for asking maybe a stupid question on a wrong place (but I cannot access to software forum).

I am looking for a System on a Module (SOM) solution for our next project based on Linux.
We are in the process of searching for appropriate SoM and I have ran into SAMA5D27-SOM1.

Can someone help me on what software stacks come implemented with its SW framework?
We are also considering solution from NXP, because it would enable us less effort in implementation of IOT gateway
since it already contains Zigbee and Thread and other stacks. (Image attached)

Does SAMA5 has support for equivalent stacks like NXP? I was not able to find the description anywhere on Microchip's website.
Would love go with SAMA5, but the decision will be made on software advantages/disadvantages.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.
blue_z

Re: Available communication stacks

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:40 am

DrBudz wrote:I am looking for a System on a Module (SOM) solution for our next project based on Linux.
Does SAMA5 has support for equivalent stacks like NXP?
Your question makes little sense, because you seem to be comparing apples to oranges.
The only "ZigBee stack" from NXP that I'm aware of depends on the Jennic OS (rather than Linux) and the NXP JN516x family of MCUs (whereas the SAMA5 is a family SoCs with ARM microprocessors).

Jennic OS is a RTOS that seems to be proprietary or closed-source, whereas Linux is open source.
For ZigBee support in Linux, search the web.

Regards

Return to “Development Tools”