Site Needs improvement in participation and helping others!

Your remarks will be take into account in order to increase efficiency of this Forum: Helping the AT91 Community.

Moderator: nferre

alwelch

Site Needs improvement in participation and helping others!

Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:26 pm

I have recently joined this site and have tried to provide and share knowledge and answers to others questions. I posted some time ago a request for help/links to LCD driver support for ARM. I am sure others must have found some public domain LCD code by now.

I also asked for help in pointing me to docs for the support code from atmel for the sam64 with little or no response. I ended up finding an app note on Atmels main site for the docs to the support code i was looking for. I have to think most others on this site had already found those docs but no one bothered to point me in the right direction. If this were the codevisionAVR site lots of coders would have responded with helpful answers.

Perhaps the webmaster could post a message to ask everyone here to make and effort to post answers for us newbies when they have the answer.

Thanks
Al Welch
seulater

Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:16 pm

i agree, there should be a files section here where people can put there own examples code in.
Amateurs built the ark...
Professionals built the Titanic...
JamesKosin

Agreement

Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:13 am

I agree with you two.

(1) Support & help is very slow to impossible to get. I'm still trying to find a good source for DFU code for loading the ARM.

(2) I think there is a way to upload files. Some have done so and there is an area to get them. But, I think most of them work for ATMEL which may be why they have access to do so.
There is an add attachment button on the botton of the message posting that allows posting files.

(3) I have done some LCD items in the past. The best place to start is with the SPEC sheets for the LCD pannels. Then take it one step at a time. The LCD I worked with had charge pumps to get the LCD working on 3.3 volts. It needed to bring the charge pumps up in stages to get the display to work properly. Not a problem once you take the timing and delays into account. But, that was with an 8515 series to start with now the code is working on an ATmega32 series.

I hope we can get some good help here.

--James Kosin :D
dumarjo

Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:43 pm

File Section should be grate to. Is hard to file file in the post.

Dumrajo
sound fruit

Search feature not working well

Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:08 pm

The search function doesn't seem to work well.
I searched for

init_sdram.gdb

And the search came up with hits for un-related products
(i.e. ADVERTISMENTS)

But a google search of init_sdram.gdb comes up with two hits on the forum.
Is the forum not searchable?
nat

Re: Site Needs improvement in participation and helping others!

Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:53 pm

Hello,
We upgrade the AT91SAM Portal Forum features, you are able to attached files, and send private messages.
I'm agree in the fact that there is no "newbie" question, all posts need to be answer.
Do not hesitate to send any feedback.

Return to “About the Site and the Forum”