Unable to use SAM-BA with SAM4L8 Xplained Pro

AT91EB40A, EB55, EB42 Evaluation Boards , AT91RM9200-DK, RM3400-DK will be the focus of the discussions: hardware guidance, embedded software, use,...

Moderator: nferre

aarcov

Unable to use SAM-BA with SAM4L8 Xplained Pro

Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:51 pm

I am trying to connect to a SAM4L8 Xplained Pro with SAM-BA. I am using SAM-BA v2.16 with the provided patch from ATmel to provide support for the at91sam4l8-ek. I can program the board using openocd in linux (via the EDBG chip), but seem to be unable to access the provided bootloader (which will be needed for other devices that don't have the debugger). When using SAM-BA the program hangs at:

Code: Select all

-I- Loading applet applet-flash-sam4l8.bin at address 0x20002000
Any ideas/suggestions, is there a good way to check that I haven't accidentally erased the provided bootloader, ect?

aarcov
aarcov

Re: Unable to use SAM-BA with SAM4L8 Xplained Pro

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:09 am

I can now communicate with the bootloader in linux via a serial console (V# will give the version) and program the board via the bootloader in Windows. However, I am still unable to get the sam-ba programmer to work in linux (keeps crashing), so I am looking for an older version at the moment. The fix to get communication working was to connect a usb to TTL serial adapter to pins PA05 and PA07 (referenced in SAM-BA application note for SAM4L) instead of using the usb port on the board like I had been.
aarcov

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:22 pm

I have successfully programmed the board with SAM-BA once, after that I seem to be unable to re-enter the bootloader... It also will not respond to the V# trigger over a serial com, does anyone know what the proper way is to finish a SAM-BA programming sequence? When I put the bootloader on with ATmel Studio I set lockbits 0 and 1, then I changed the linker for the project to program with the SAM-BA linker provided by ATmel, compile and then program with with SAM-BA, verify the memory matches close SAM-BA and reset the microcontroller and the application runs successfully. However, I am unable to retrigger the bootloader to flash the board again.
rbg

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:36 am

hi,
i have same problem for samd20 xplained pro board ,
"Loading applet applet-flash-sam4l8.bin at address 0x20002000"
do you have a solution?

Return to “Evaluation and Development Boards”