External debugging with Atmel SAM D20 Xplained Pro

Moderator: nferre

dabear

External debugging with Atmel SAM D20 Xplained Pro

Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:34 pm

I've tried hooking my D20 Xplained Pro to my target board to debug it through the 10-pin in every sequence (including powering and unpowering) mathematicaly possible and seen no reply on the green LED next to the connector. The VccSense pin is getting 3.28v from the target board and the ground is definately connected. I'm running AtmelStudio 6.2 and it has updated the Xplained firmware to V1.1b for me. I've tried the work-around for the older Studio, manually setting the target processor to SAMD20G15 instead of the onboard SAMD20J18. The onboard is still all it sees, programs, etc...

The connection harness that I'm using between the Xplained and the target attaches the 5 usual signals and works just fine with my Aimel-ICE (programs, sets fuses, et.al.).

Am I missing something? Can I get a walk-through to get me over this first hump or should I assume that I was given a new bad board?... I've been using PIC-s since the early '90-s and this is my first Atmel, so I'm technicaly a newbie here (grin).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
craig - the binary behaviorist - bair

Return to “SAM9-based”