Problem with ATSAMD10 Xplained Mini

Moderator: nferre

Planet10

Problem with ATSAMD10 Xplained Mini

Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:25 pm

Plugged in the ATSAMD10 Mini in to my computer and Atmel Studio recognizes it. When I go to Device Programming I do not have an interface to select. I also get "[ERROR] failed to parse eventsSystem.NullReferenceException: , MethodName: SetDefaultSettings" in the output pane. I think my computer setup is good because I get "SWD" as an interface option when I plug in a SAMD21 Xplained Pro.
There doesn't seem to be many projects using this part on Google. Running version 6.2.1153 w/ latest extension updates of Atmel Studio. Any ideas would be helpful.
Planet10

Re: Problem with ATSAMD10 Xplained Mini

Mon Jun 29, 2015 3:44 pm

I tried to avoid having to contact Atmel's support due to unpleasant encounters in the past and was disappointed that things have not changed with their customer support.

I ended up solving my own problem. While Atmel Studio ver 6.2.1153 does recognize the ATSAMD10 Mini board it does not support the individual SAMD10 parts. I found that out by stumbling across a menu selection that had D20 and D21 part listed but no D11 or D10. That's when it occurred to me this Studio version wouldn't work. I upgrade to 6.2.1563.sp2 and the D10 and D11 parts were listed. I also saw a reference to a SAMD09, whatever that part may be. All is now well in my little Atmel universe.

Return to “SAM9-based”