USB Host on AT91SAM9G35 problem

Moderator: nferre

ARMleuchte

USB Host on AT91SAM9G35 problem

Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:33 am

Good mornig, I use a AT91SAM9G35-EK together with keil Compiler and Middleware (RL-USB library) and could not manage to get an USB Host application running. When programming a Linux kernel on the board USB devices are recogniced by the HOST and working. My question is if anybody has impemented a USB Host on this Controller and mybe has a template for Setting up the clocks etc. I thing my problem has to do with this because when plugging in a device it is powered for short and then resets its' device port, no traffic on the USB Pins.

Kind regards
blue_z

Re: USB Host on AT91SAM9G35 problem

Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:12 pm

ARMleuchte wrote:I use a AT91SAM9G35-EK together with keil Compiler and Middleware (RL-USB library) and could not manage to get an USB Host application running.
Please clarify what you mean by "USB Host application".
Are you trying to use the EK board as a USB gadget?
Are you going to use Linux or run bare metal or ?

Regards
ARMleuchte

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:00 am

Hello blue_z,
thanks for your reply. want to use the EK-board as an USB host so that I can connect a Keyboard or an USB stick to it. The OHCI functionality of the Controller should be used without a Linux running. The System is running with 400MHz CPU clock and 133MHz Peripheral clock. The USB clocks are generated with the UTMI PLL. What else can I supply?
Regards.
blue_z

Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:42 am

ARMleuchte wrote:The OHCI functionality of the Controller should be used without a Linux running.
"Without a Linux" covers a lot of possibilities such as WinCE or a RTOS or baremetal.
Do you mean without using the MMU, i.e. virtual memory?

Have you looked at the SAM9G35 Software Package? There's a version for Keil, but the USB examples seem to be for the USB Device controller.

A code example for the USB Host controller and accessing a flash drive can be found in U-Boot.

Regards
anuragazad

Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:26 pm

@ARMleuchte 
I am implementing a similar project but without booting an OS. Could guide me to some good resources?
Its bad out there on the internet, I am not able to find any resource

Return to “SAM9-based”