External debugging with Atmel SAM D20 Xplained Pro

AT91SAM9 Evaluation Boards

Moderator: nferre

saxonyfrank

External debugging with Atmel SAM D20 Xplained Pro

Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:14 am

Hello everyone,

I am working with the Atmel SAM D20 Xplained Pro. I can access the board and I can play with it by using the Atmel Studio in combination with its internal debugger and the appropriate USB port. Everything is OK.

Now I want to use the board’s external debugging capability. A J-Link shall be used. Normally the green LED next to the debug connector (external SWD interface) should indicate that the board is ready for external debugging after an external target voltage is detected. Unfortunately it doesn’t work in my case. The LED doesn’t light. And no signal can be detected on the interface connector

The external target voltage is connected properly. The power LED indicates it. A flashed program is running.

Does anyone have any experience with external debugging in combination with the Atmel SAM D20 Xplained Pro. Or does anyone have an idea what can be the reason, that the debug connector of the board is not working. If so please let me know.

Thanks for your answers!

Best Regards,
Frank
cwunder

Re: External debugging with Atmel SAM D20 Xplained Pro

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:46 am

You cannot use an external debugger on the SAMD20-XPRO board. The program header on this board is only for accessing another board to act as the debugger. 
saxonyfrank

Re: External debugging with Atmel SAM D20 Xplained Pro

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:30 am

Thank you for your quick answer. I understand it was a wrong assumption from my side.

Best Regards,
Frank

Return to “Evaluation and Development Boards”