SAMA5D3X-EK and Android

Moderator: nferre

gyurko

SAMA5D3X-EK and Android

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 pm

I am having trouble getting adb to find my A5D3EK board which is running Android. I have USB debugging enabled, but my PC sees the board as a mass storage device. I'm guessing that I need the right driver, but where can I get that?
mahengunawardena

Re: SAMA5D3X-EK and Android

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:07 pm

Have you modified the rules file?

Check this link

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9210 ... ermissions

Good luck
gyurko

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:13 pm

I was trying to run ADB on Windows. My development setup is Windows 8 running VirtualBox with a Ubuntu guest for development.
I can try to pass the USB through to Ubuntu and run ADB there. I should probably be running a machine with Ubuntu natively to avoid these issues.
The thing is that I can get ADB to connect to my Android phone and tablet on Windows...just not the EK.
mahengunawardena

Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:40 pm

My development platform is Windows 7 and virtual box. I successfully connected the the SAMA5D31-EK development board using adb.

Below are some of the steps.
  • Configure/Add USB devices on Virtual box. For more information refer to the following link http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/virtualbox-usb.html

Add the USB device to adb_usb.ini file

Create a rules file in /etc/udev/rules.d/ folder. I named the file 51-android.rules. The format is
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb",ATTR{idVendor}=="18d1:d002",MODE="0666",GROUP="plugdev"
    Update the user mode for the rules file.
    $ chmod a+r /etc/udev/rules.d/51-android.rules
    Run "lsusb" command on your host machine without having your device plugged in. Then plug it in and run the command again - there will be a new entry in the list.

Verify connectivity between host and target board.
    $ adb devices
HTH

Good luck

Return to “SAM9-based”