Hantro x170 Video Decoder doesn't work.

Moderator: nferre

amc

Hantro x170 Video Decoder doesn't work.

Thu May 27, 2010 8:19 am

Hi,

We are trying to implement Hantro x170 Video Decoder on AT91SAM9M10-EKES and we cannot. We use gst-plugin-x170 provided by ATMEL, and it doesn't work.
The target detect the device when kernel boots.
We want to play an avi file with mpeg4 codec video and mp3 codec audio, with this pipeline

gst-launch filesrc location=nemo.avi ! avidemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! censored ! ffdec_mpeg4 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! fbdevsink demux.audio_00 ! censored ! ffdec_mp3 ! audioconvert ! censored ! volume volume=10 ! osssink

It's work. But the decoder is by software and it is so slow. We try to implement the same pipeline with x170 plugin, like this

gst-launch filesrc location=nemo.avi ! avidemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! censored ! x170 ! fbdevsink demux.audio_00 ! censored ! ffdec_mp3 ! audioconvert ! censored ! volume volume=10 ! osssink

gstreamer returns:

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
FREEING pipeline ...

We have tryed configuring all parameters, output, thresh, input, ... And doesn't work.

Can you help us? What we have to do?

Thank you,

Angel Martinez
Edison Electronics, S.L.
fseratti

Re: Hantro x170 Video Decoder doesn't work.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:53 pm

Hi amc, i have the same development kit and im having the same problem with x170 GST element when trying to playback MPEG2 or AVI files, i guess the plugin does not work at all.

The /etc/init.d/hantro init file tries to load the kernel modules hx170dec and memalloc and create the respective devices files, /dev/hx170 and /dev/memalloc.

In my configuration, the first module hx170dec fails loading because it is built-in in the kernel, and memalloc modules is loaded twice, once the built-in and the second by the module.

So, now i have both devices well created in /dev (check /proc/devices) and when trying to run gst-launch i get segmentation fault.

You can debug gst-launch by exporting the environment variable GST_DEBUG=5
(notice 5 is full debug, while 0 is none debug).

I will be debugging, please be in touch so we can help each other, thanks a lot!

Francisco.

by the way, do you speak spanish? my MSN is fseratti@gmail.com
Chalo

Re: Hantro x170 Video Decoder doesn't work.

Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Im a bit late, but did you find any solution with this?
I have the same problem.

Thanks

Return to “SAM9-based”