Pin Configuration to Peripherals Functions

Moderator: nferre

igortf

Pin Configuration to Peripherals Functions

Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:46 pm

Hello,

I am using a SAMA5D2 family processor. I have a small question about setting the PIO controller. I saw in the datasheet a diagram called "I / O Line Control Logic" which shows the PIO configuration logic for an output. However, there is no example for an input. So, if a pin is different from GPIO (e.g. PA19 as TIOA0) and I set up the schmitt trigger for the pin, will my pin be a TIOA0 with schmitt trigger? Or will the peripheral ignore the schmitt trigger configuration?

Thanks in advance,
Igor Franco
blue_z

Re: Pin Configuration to Peripherals Functions

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:48 am

igortf wrote: I saw in the datasheet a diagram called "I / O Line Control Logic" which shows the PIO configuration logic for an output. However, there is no example for an input.
You're vague as to which datasheet you're referring, but that's not an accurate statement for the SoC datasheet I'm looking at.
It's not complete, but there are elements shown for the pad/pin input, such as "Programmable Glitch or Debouncing Filter" and "Event Detector".
Other AT91 SoC datasheets have an iota more detail than the simple line to "Pad Input to input muxing" (which is after an unmarked input buffer/gate).

igortf wrote: ... I set up the schmitt trigger for the pin, will my pin be a TIOA0 with schmitt trigger?
Actually you don't have to "set up the schmitt trigger for the pin", since by default Schmitt trigger is enabled on all inputs.
If the mysterious input buffer is controlled by the SCHMITT configuration bit, then the Schmitt trigger is prior to and independent of pin multiplexing.

Regards
igortf

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:15 pm

Hello blue_z,

First of all, thank you for always answer, you really help me a lot with the problems I post in the forum. Secondly, sorry for not being so clear, the datasheet I mentioned is the SAM5D2 microprocessor series .And schmitt trigger is an example, my question was about any input configuration, but I used the schmitt trigger because there is no diagram to show it. However, you answered me what I wanted to know, the pin configuration is independent of pin multiplexing. So any configuration still works with different peripheral functions, doesn't it?

Obs: I tried uploading a figure to help me explain the problem, but there was an error uploading the image. It says "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached".

Best regards,
Igor Franco
blue_z

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:08 am

igortf wrote: So any configuration still works with different peripheral functions, doesn't it?
Given the incomplete documentation, one can only speculate. You would need to contact Microchip Tech Support for an authoritative answer.

Regards

Return to “SAMA5-based”