Yocto Machine configuration with QSPI for sama5d27-som1-ek

Moderator: nferre

gselabs

Yocto Machine configuration with QSPI for sama5d27-som1-ek

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:11 pm

I need to build images with Yocto for sama5d27-som1-ek which use qspi for U-boot and atbootstrap, but kernel and root FS from a network (NFS). Is there any examples of such machine configuration file?

Which Yocto configuration for sama5d27-som1-ek I need to use for a QSPI storage without NFS mentioned above? The sama5d27-som1-ek-sd.conf isn't usable in case of QSPI usage, right?

Thanks.
blue_z

Re: Yocto Machine configuration with QSPI for sama5d27-som1-ek

Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:07 am

gselabs wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:11 pm
I need to build images with Yocto for sama5d27-som1-ek which use qspi for U-boot and atbootstrap, but kernel and root FS from a network (NFS).
Let me state upfront that I prefer to use Buildroot, and do not know how to use Yocto other than strictly following the Linux4SAM demo instructions.

For AT91Bootstrap you should be able to use the original sama5d27_som1_ekqspi_uboot_defconfig.
For U-Boot you should be able to use the original sama5d27_som1_ek_qspiflash_defconfig, but with modifications to include/configs/sama5d27_som1_ek.h for support for booting with NFS and appropriate CONFIG_NFSBOOT, CONFIG_BOOTCOMMAND, CONFIG_NFSBOOTCOMMAND and CONFIG_EXTRA_ENV_SETTINGS definitions for your boot requirements.
For the Linux kernel you should be able to use the original sama5d_defconfig or the Yocto kernel defconfig, but with modifications for NFS.

Note that "network boot" more typically involves fetching the kernel and dtb using TFTP rather than NFS, but apparently U-Boot can use NFS.

Regards

Return to “SAMA5-based”