arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc not found

Moderator: nferre

punchingkan

arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc not found

Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:25 am

Hi, I am running poky Linux minimal image on sama5d27-som-ek. I am trying to install python packages and some require C compiler and exit with error arm-poky-Linux-gnueabi-gcc not found. How do I compile them on the processor itself.

Thank You
Punching Kan
blue_z

Re: arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc not found

Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:35 am

punchingkan wrote:Hi, I am running poky Linux minimal image on sama5d27-som-ek. I am trying to install python packages and some require C compiler and exit with error arm-poky-Linux-gnueabi-gcc not found.
Are you "installing" a Python "package" of source code or runtime files?
Seems like you blindly copied scripts without making any adjustments for a completely different environment.
And a "minmal image" filesystem would certainly not provide for compiling source code on the target.

punchingkan wrote:How do I compile them on the processor itself.
You're probably asking an XY question (i.e. the following answer for the immediate question will just generate more problems rather than solve the root issue).
Apparently you're referring to a native C compiler that would execute on your target board.
You would need to build on a PC a cross-native toolchain, i.e.
. the build machine is a x86 or x86_64,
. the host machine is ARM Cortex-A5, and
. the target machine is ARM Cortex-A5.

Crosstool-ng is an appropriate tool for building such a cross-native toolchain that can be installed as a native toolchain on your board.
Even with a native toolchain, you will probably have to augment the "minmal image" filesystem with additional utilities (such as make) and header files.

Regards

Return to “SAMA5-based”