sama5d2 device tree with NAND

For SAMA5D2 Xplained, SAMA5D3 Xplained and SAMA5D4 Xplained

Moderator: nferre

peSchb

sama5d2 device tree with NAND

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:40 pm

i'm currently trying to get a SAMA5D2 based board (special development) running with NAND flash.
i can start and run it with linux kernel 4.9.52 using USB stick but NAND / MTD still don't work properly.

i already tried different settings / adaptions within the standard *.dts / *.dtsi files related to SAMA5D2_xplained (which has NO NAND flash) but haven't been successful until now.

i think my *.dts settings for nand are wrong or incomplete.

when i start up linux i get a lof of
atmel_nand 80000000.nand: Time out to wait for interrupt: 0x01000000
error messages (the board has 512 MB NAND flash) and starting takes several minutes.
ubiformat does not work properly , as well.

has anyone working device tree source files that works properly with NAND flash on SAMA5D2 ?
are you willing to share it with me ?

any other ideas to proceed with my problem ?

thx,
peter
blue_z

Re: sama5d2 device tree with NAND

Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:46 pm

peSchb wrote:i'm currently trying to get a SAMA5D2 based board (special development) running with NAND flash.
So you have a custom board, yet post in the forum for Atmel Xplained boards?

peSchb wrote:i already tried different settings / adaptions within the standard *.dts / *.dtsi files related to SAMA5D2_xplained (which has NO NAND flash) but haven't been successful until now.
"Until now" would mean that you turned things around, are now successful, and have it working.

peSchb wrote:i think my *.dts settings for nand are wrong or incomplete.
Seems like you actually have two issues.
You make absolutely no mention of how you have checked out your board's hardware.
Trying to validate new hardware with a new configuration of Linux is IMO sheer folly.

peSchb wrote:any other ideas to proceed with my problem ?
Test your hardware with the SoC Software Package and/or U-Boot.

Regards

Return to “SAMA5 Xplained”