at91bootloader binaries

For SAMA5D2 Xplained, SAMA5D3 Xplained and SAMA5D4 Xplained

Moderator: nferre

zdhovey2000

at91bootloader binaries

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:33 am

Using the instructions from the sama5d4 page for the At91Bootstrap, after building, I can indeed see the files under "binaries" as it says, which are:

at91bootstrap.bin
boot.bin
sama5d4_xplained-nandflashboot-uboot-3.8.9.bin
sama5d4_xplained-nandflashboot-uboot-3.8.9.bin.pmecc
sama5d4_xplained-nandflashboot-uboot-3.8.9.elf
sama5d4_xplained-nandflashboot-uboot-3.8.9.map

I then looked at the demo's file, called at91bootstrap-sama5d4_xplained.bin, and when compared (using a binary file viewer) to the files I built, the first 3 appear the be nearly identical to the at91bootstrap-sama5d4_xplained.bin file. However, the files I built appear to be "Link to Program" files (under Type) and will not flash, whereas the at91bootstrap-sama5d4_xplained.bin file appears to be a "ready to flash" and, for lack of better words, a "true" .bin file.

Which file should I use, moreover, is there something more I need to do to my files to get a true binary file like the one used in the demo?

I'm sure it's a trivial problem, but I'm now running in circles at this point with documentation and trying to figure this out.

Thanks!
nferre
Site Admin

Re: at91bootloader binaries

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:31 am

sama5d4_xplained-nandflashboot-uboot-3.8.9.bin is the binary. The other ones are links to this binary file. They are created to ease user's life by providing a kind of "alias" with simpler names (BOOT.BIN is the file directly used by the RomCODE while loading files from SD Card). By reading your post, I realize that it's not always easier ;-)
Link is a common concept in UNIX/Linux filesystems.

Regards,

Return to “SAMA5 Xplained”