Problem with eMMC boot in SAMA5D2 Xplained board

For SAMA5D2 Xplained, SAMA5D3 Xplained and SAMA5D4 Xplained

Moderator: nferre

freaky_geek234

Problem with eMMC boot in SAMA5D2 Xplained board

Tue May 16, 2017 3:32 am

Hi,
We have SAMA5D2-Xplained board with us. I would like to try to build and boot through eMMC.

For this I followed BuildRoot procedure. Now I have the following files with in (buildroot/output/images)

at91bootstrap.bin
at91-sama5d2_xplained.dtb
rootfs.ext2
at91-sama5d2_xplained_pda4.dtb
rootfs.ext4
at91-sama5d2_xplained_pda7b.dtb
rootfs.tar
at91-sama5d2_xplained_pda7.dtb
sama5d2_xplained-sdcardboot-uboot-3.8.7.bin sdcard.img
boot.bin
boot.vfat
u-boot.bin
disk-img.raw
zImage

Now I have SAM-BA_3.1.4 with me and trying to execute emmc-usb.qml (from examples/sama5d2/sdmmc/emmc-usb.qml)

but emmc-usb.qml is expecting a .raw file.

can anybody tell me how to generate .raw file from the files in /buildroot/output/images.

what all files necessary???? is my /buildroot/output/images directory contains all the files necessary or i should require some other files.

I have generated .raw file from sdcard.img file by using dd command. when i deploy this sdcard.raw file to sd card and power sama5d2-xult it is booting(could see debug messages). When i use same sdcard.raw file for eMMC(emmc-usb.qml), then after powering on, no debug/boot messages are coming...

I changed this line in emmc-usb.qml
// write file
//appletWrite(0, "filesystem_image.raw", false)
appletWrite(0, "sdcard.raw", false)

is there anything that iam missing out???? what could be the problem...same sdcard.raw deployed to sd card is working but sdcard.raw with emmc is not working... can anybody help...
Jacky_keikong

Re: Problem with eMMC boot in SAMA5D2 Xplained board

Mon May 29, 2017 6:57 pm

freaky_geek234 wrote:Hi,
We have SAMA5D2-Xplained board with us. I would like to try to build and boot through eMMC.

For this I followed BuildRoot procedure. Now I have the following files with in (buildroot/output/images)

at91bootstrap.bin
rootfs.ext2
rootfs.ext4
rootfs.tar
boot.bin
boot.vfat
u-boot.bin
disk-img.raw
zImage

Now I have SAM-BA_3.1.4 with me and trying to execute emmc-usb.qml (from examples/sama5d2/sdmmc/emmc-usb.qml)

can anybody tell me how to generate .raw file from the files in /buildroot/output/images.

what all files necessary???? is my /buildroot/output/images directory contains all the files necessary or i should require some other files.

I have generated .raw file from sdcard.img file by using dd command. when i deploy this sdcard.raw file to sd card and power sama5d2-xult it is booting(could see debug messages). When i use same sdcard.raw file for eMMC(emmc-usb.qml), then after powering on, no debug/boot messages are coming...

// write file

is there anything that iam missing out???? what could be the problem...same sdcard.raw deployed to sd card is working but sdcard.raw with emmc is not working... can anybody help...

Hello,I have the same problems,Can you solve this problem?Thanks
freaky_geek234

Tue May 30, 2017 8:57 am

Jacky_keikong wrote:
freaky_geek234 wrote:Hi,

at91bootstrap.bin
rootfs.ext2
rootfs.ext4
rootfs.tar
boot.bin
boot.vfat
u-boot.bin
disk-img.raw
zImage

// write file

Hello,I have the same problems,Can you solve this problem?Thanks
yes I can... What i came to know... We should try keeping boot files uboot.bin,u-boot-env.bin, at91bootstrap.bin etc in serial flash( for this try serial flash booting) then try eMMC boot by keeping rootfs in eMMC.
nferre
Site Admin

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:09 am

Hi,
You can start with pre-built images on Linux4SAM.org. You even have buildroot images there. They are generated using latest stable release of buildroot:
http://www.at91.com/linux4sam/bin/view/ ... nPage#Demo

Return to “SAMA5 Xplained”