Beginners Guide Required for SAM5D3/4 with QT Problems

Moderator: nferre

redknight106

Beginners Guide Required for SAM5D3/4 with QT Problems

Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:20 pm

This is my first time using the SAMA5D4 Xplained board and discovering that info is not easy to find which a pain is coming from the world of Arduinos and Atmel MCU’s.

I've noticed this question come-up a few times with no solutions which is wierd for a board that was "designed" to use QT etc :?
I’m also creating this question, so that it can aid other first time uses of the SAMA5D4 Xplained board.

Like the may others out there I want to compile my own Qt quick apps for SAMA5D4 Xplained board but I have problems to do it.

I’ve watch videos from Peter Oakes and a few other but they are still missing information.

Now I’ve installed the HDMI Demo from Linux4SAM: linux4sam-poky-sama5d4_xplained-4.7.zip by uncommenting “set dtbFile "at91-sama5d4_xplained_hdmi.dtb"” and commenting “set dtbFile "at91-sama5d4_xplained.dtb".

I have a 5” HDMI Display plugged into the HDMI port.

As far as I’m aware the demo above can run QT apps, but if I’m wrong some instructions would be nice :D

I have installed QT 5.5.0 and 5.4.1 just to be on the safe side.

As far as I understand I just need the toolchain for Qt to compile my apps. Toolchain can be found at:
linux4sam/bin/view/Linux4SAM/SoftwareTools

I downloaded the file ftp://ftp.linux4sam.org/pub/demo/yocto- ... n-1.7.1.sh

Running this file installs the toolchain at /opt/poky/1.7.1/

Now I have configured Qt settings:
1. compiler: /opt/poky-atmel/1.7.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc
2. debugger: /opt/poky-atmel/1.7.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gdb
3. Qt version: /opt/poky-atmel/1.7.1/sysroots/x86_64-pokysdk-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmake
4. Kit with Generic Linux Device which uses compiler, debugger and Qt version below.

When I try to build my a very simple project that’s prints “Display Works” on to the display an error occurs: "c: Command not found"

Is there an accurate guide to setting up QT for the SAMA5D4 Xplained and vice-versa.

Has anyone any tips to correct these problems?

Return to “SAMA5-based”