Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:45 am

Hi

It exists on the same eewiki site:
http://eewiki.net/display/linuxonarm/SA ... ined+Ultra

Regards
zdhovey2000

Re: Embedded Debian Linux bootable SD card for SAMA5D3 Xplained

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:29 am

I tried that, but it's out of date. I ran into a known issue with mmc errors. Also, the Embedian (the start of this thread) is out of date too as Wheezy is apparently no longer supported, even using mirrors.

However, I did end up finding a better solution, so thank you. The solution I found is for Debian Jessie. I'm not sure if I can post this on here, but just in case, it is www.acmesystems.it/debian_jessie. I tried the "Acqua" version (as it is for the sama5d31 anyway) and just changed one thing - the the board hostname (second file, in the configuration files script xxxx.sh) to "sama5d4-xplained" and now Debian Jessie runs beautifully with the SamA5D4. You can add other packages before or after using "apt-get" to load python, vim, git, etc.

Although I haven't tried yet, I am wondering if I could modify/use the

Code: Select all

sudo LC_ALL=C LANGUAGE=C LANG=C chroot target-rootfs apt-get install <packagename> 
somehow to merge my rootfs.tar.gz compiled from "linux4wilc/buildroot4wilc" into Debian?

I then used "GParted" as shown on the bottom of their page to set up the SD card. It's a GUI interface which is nice. Their example must have used an 8 GB card, so the "free space following (MiB)" will be different (it's auto-updated anyway) if using a different size SD card. (I think that threw people off judging by their comments).

As far as the kernel, bootstrap, and u-boot, I just compiled them straight from Microchip's github and they work seamlessly.

Hope this helps someone.

Return to “SAMA5-based”