Arduino M0 Pro doesn't program

Discussions around product based on ARM Cortex M0+ core.
This forum will be discontinued soon.

Moderator: nferre

gspivey@georgefox.edu

Arduino M0 Pro doesn't program

Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:15 am

I purchased an M0 Pro (Arduino.org) and I am trying to program it from either Atmel Studio or the Arduino. I also have a couple of Arduino Zero boards (Arduino.cc). The Zero boards program just fine. However, the M0 Pro does not. I was able to upgrade the EDBG firmware in Atmel Studio, and then I am able to read the Device Signature and Voltages - fuses as well. Other than some trim settings, the fuses seem identical on both board types. But, when I try to program the memory from the Device Programming menu, I get "Failed to write segment at 0x0 to target for memorytype base". When I try it from the debugger, I get "Failed to launch program - Error: Loading executable to device failed. Error Error downloading changes to device at 00000000-00000e00."

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I suspect something is defective on the board - but it looks like the basic programming paths are in place, but it doesn't seem to want to write to the memory.
gspivey@georgefox.edu

Re: Arduino M0 Pro doesn't program

Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:21 am

The fuse settings were wrong on my board - the bootsize was set to 0x01 rather than the default of 0x07. So the boot-block was protected.

Return to “SAM D20 Cortex-M0+ MCU”