GPIO configurations

Discussion around products based on ARM Cortex-A5 core.

Moderator: nferre

nishajain
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:44 pm

GPIO configurations

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi,

I am new to SAMA5D3 programming and facing some issues while trying to change the GPIO configurations for a custom board.
My register settings are not changing/sticking so I also tried clearing WPEN bit as well but it causes to break into BootROM.

Please let me know if there is sample code to follow ?

Thanks
Nisha
blue_z
Location: USA
Posts: 1704
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:15 pm

Re: GPIO configurations

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:30 am

nishajain wrote:I am new to SAMA5D3 programming
And what else?
Usually this turns out to mean that the person is not an experienced programmer in any discipline whatsoever.
That's not necessarily a bad thing, but if you insist on concealing it, then you're a phony.

nishajain wrote:... facing some issues while trying to change the GPIO configurations for a custom board.
How do you know that this "custom board" is fully functional?
What software environment are you using: baremetal, Linux, some RTOS?

nishajain wrote:it causes to break into BootROM.
What does this mean?
What is "BootROM"?
The processor/board was reset?

Learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.

Regards
nishajain
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:44 pm

Re: GPIO configurations

Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:16 pm

blue_z wrote:
nishajain wrote:I am new to SAMA5D3 programming
And what else?
Usually this turns out to mean that the person is not an experienced programmer in any discipline whatsoever.
That's not necessarily a bad thing, but if you insist on concealing it, then you're a phony.

[N]Was not sure you will provide your judgement on my knowledge based on opening sentence.
[N]But point noted will not be opening my question with above line.
nishajain wrote:... facing some issues while trying to change the GPIO configurations for a custom board.
How do you know that this "custom board" is fully functional?
What software environment are you using: baremetal, Linux, some RTOS?

[N]I believe question is for AT91Bootstrap community so it is bare metal. But sorry for confusion or wrong forum.

nishajain wrote:it causes to break into BootROM.
What does this mean?
What is "BootROM"?
The processor/board was reset?

[N]Yes above means the processor hangs very early on in (Read Only Memory) ROM (boot code).

[N]RESOLVED Above issue as the u-boot was overwriting the settings.
[N]Thanks for suggestion.



Learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.

Regards

Return to “SAMA5D Cortex-A5 MPU”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests