PIOA header file : REG_PIOA_ABCDSR2 missing

Discussion around product based on ARM Cortex M4 core.
This forum will be discontinued soon.

Moderators: nferre, ncollot

WilliamGaatjes

PIOA header file : REG_PIOA_ABCDSR2 missing

Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi,

I have made a pcb to play around with a 64pin SAM4S8B and it works so far.

Only thing is , i am porting all my functions form My old SAM7S library to my SAM4S project and adjusting all code to point to the proper registers.

The thing is, in the sam4s datasheet, there are two peripheral select registers. REG_PIOA_ABCDSR1 at address 0x400E0E70U and REG_PIOA_ABCDSR2 at address 0x400E0E74U.

The weird thing is that in the pioa.h component file the second register is missing while in the pio.h file the space for the 2 32bit registers is declared in the pio struct starting at offset 0x0070.

When i look in the ASF example, i also only see 2 options : peripheral A or B and not C & D.

The header files are located here.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\packs\atmel\SAM4S_DFP\1.0.56\sam4s

What am i missing here ?
Is the datasheet wrong or is there an error in the header file or have i missed some text in the datasheet that peripheral C & D are disabled on the sam4s series ?
sarlacii

Re: PIOA header file : REG_PIOA_ABCDSR2 missing

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:20 am

WilliamGaatjes wrote: What am i missing here ?
Is the datasheet wrong or is there an error in the header file or have i missed some text in the datasheet that peripheral C & D are disabled on the sam4s series ?
Hi WilliamGaatjes... I think that you may be hanging up on the difference between the pin counts that are available on the same device? The 64-pin version (we also use a 64-pin SAM4S8B) has port A and B I/O pins only, as it only has 64-pins. If you move up to the 100-pin version, then you get the extra ports, C, D etc. I think that the 4S is supposed to be pin-compatible with the 7S of the same pin-count... .

Go well.

Return to “SAM4 Cortex-M4 MCU”