SAMG53 PWM

Discussion around product based on ARM Cortex M4 core.

Moderators: nferre, ncollot

milspect18

SAMG53 PWM

Tue May 12, 2015 1:22 am

I have been working my way through using ASF and Atmel Studio, and I am currently stumped by what I would normally think should not be too difficult...

I wanted to build a very simple motor control and use one of the SAMG53 Xplained PWM outputs to control the speed of the motor. 

I am familiar with the ASF reference site as well as the examples, getting started, and tutorials, and though there is information about setting up and using PWM, it doesn't seem to align with what I see in Atmel Studio...

I use ASF Wizard to add the TC driver as the datasheet for the ATSAMG53N19 mentions the Timer Counter as being used to setup the PWM.  I then tried to follow some of the examples in the ASF documentation, but right off the bat the compiler flags implicit declarations of tc_get_config_defaults(), which I attempted to see if maybe it was a name change in a different ASF version with intellisense, but, nothing came up...

Does anybody have an example of PWM on the SAM G53 (I realize that the functions should be common through ASF, though this doesn't seem to be the case)?

The app note I was using in conjunction with the ASF reference site was:
http://www.atmel.com/Images/Atmel-42123 ... T03263.pdf

Return to “SAM4 Cortex-M4 MCU”