SAM4E-16E Xplained Debugging problems

Discussion around product based on ARM Cortex M4 core.

Moderators: nferre, ncollot

ayangakalupahana@gmail.com

SAM4E-16E Xplained Debugging problems

Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:26 am

Hi all,
I am New to Arm programming. I have SAM4E16E-Xplained board with me and the following error occurred while I am trying to debug .

Failed to Launch Program
Errror : Could not activate interface, but found DAP with ID 0x2ba01477
This usually indicates that the security bit is set . Please Try to perform a chip erase  to clear the security bit before accessing the device again.

Does any know the reason for this ?
Does any know how to solve this?

Thanks,

Ayanga
cwunder

Re: SAM4E-16E Xplained Debugging problems

Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:50 pm

The message is telling you to try to reset the Security bit and try again.
The SAM4E device features a security bit, based on a specific General Purpose NVM bit (GPNVM bit 0). When the security is enabled, any access to the Flash, SRAM, Core Registers and Internal Peripherals either through the ICE interface or through the Fast Flash Programming Interface, is forbidden. This ensures the confidentiality of the code programmed in the Flash.
To reset the security bit you need to perform a chip erase of the device.
Disabling the security bit can only be achieved by asserting the ERASE pin at 1, and after a full Flash erase is performed. When the security bit is deactivated, all accesses to the Flash, SRAM, Core registers, Internal Peripherals are permitted.
There is a jumper on the SAM4E-XPlained board (J304) for this purpose. You can perform an erase on the SAM4E flash memory by placing a jumper on J304, then reset the system. You need keep the jumper on for at least 220ms while powered. Then remove the jumper, reset the device (or power-cycle the board) and see if you can now connect to the SAM4E with the debugger.
ayangakalupahana@gmail.com

Re: SAM4E-16E Xplained Debugging problems

Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks for the favor. This has solved my problem

Return to “SAM4 Cortex-M4 MCU”