SAMA5D2 Xplained - AT91BOOTSTRAP - U-BOOT Memory Location

Microchip in-system programming solution: SAM-BA

Moderators: nferre, fab

PeterT

SAMA5D2 Xplained - AT91BOOTSTRAP - U-BOOT Memory Location

Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:13 am

I found the instructions for setting up a bootable SD card (placing BOOT.BIN and U-BOOT.BIN on the first FAT partition of the card), but I can't find similar instructions for flashing these files to on-board memory. It seems fairly obvious that I simply flash the at91bootstrap.bin using the sam-ba writeboot command to the boot partition of the eMMC memory on port SDMMC0, but in the AT91 bootstrap configuration, all I can see for specifying where it will look for the u-boot.bin is setting the image name ("u-boot.bin"). Does this mean I need to perhaps put u-boot.bin on a FAT FS and throw it on the user partition ("0") of the eMMC? This doesn't appear to be specified anywhere. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Peter
nferre
Site Admin

Re: SAMA5D2 Xplained - AT91BOOTSTRAP - U-BOOT Memory Locatio

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi

For now, the arrangement that we tend to use is to put BOOT.BIN and U-Boot in the first FAT partition of the eMMC. This is how the pre-flashed demo works actually.

We don't use the eMMC boot partition yet as some ROMCode revision doesn't support it. It will be updated later once SAMA5D2 Xplained board can be ordered with proper SoC revision.

Bye,

Return to “SAM-BA”