u-boot starts only when SAM-ICE usb connect/disconnect

Microchip in-system programming solution: SAM-BA

Moderators: nferre, fab

sjremya

u-boot starts only when SAM-ICE usb connect/disconnect

Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:56 am

Hi all

I am facing an interesting problem with my AT91SAM9260 customized board. Its almost same as the evaluation kit.

I could download the binaries ( Bootstrap-v1.16, u-boot-1.3.4, linux kernel 2.6.20) successfully to the DATAFLASH/NAND Flash by using atmel SAM-BA usb/serialport/jlink.

Here I describe the problem.

When I power up the board, boot strap is not jumping to U-boot location, in the normal boot sequence and board stuck with bootstrap.

But when I disconnect/connect the JTAG USB cable ( provided with SAM-BA ICE jlink) , it's jumping to u-boot location and booting the board properly. I'm getting the same error in NAND FLASH also.

I have tried one more test case.I copied bootstrap binary at the flash location, [which is specified for u-boot binary] instead of U-boot.bin (0x8400 in dataflash), I got continous bootstrap debug messages in my console. [ So can I conclude SDRAM doesn't have any problem? ]

Where should be the problem.? Bootstrap code or U-boot code ?
Please guide me regarding this.

Thanks & Regards

Remya S J

pingswept

Re: u-boot starts only when SAM-ICE usb connect/disconnect

Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:13 pm

But when I disconnect/connect the JTAG USB cable ( provided with SAM-BA ICE jlink) , it's jumping to u-boot location and booting the board properly.
Could you explain exactly what you're doing a little more?

I understand that you load AT91Bootstrap, U-boot, and the Linux kernel to the dataflash.

How are you making AT91Bootstrap execute that results in it hanging? How is that different from what makes it work correctly?

Brandon Stafford
Rascal Micro
Brandon Stafford
Rascal Micro

Return to “SAM-BA”