when code runs from SDRAM, J -Link is not able to init flash

Microchip in-system programming solution: SAM-BA

Moderators: nferre, fab

beginnerat91

when code runs from SDRAM, J -Link is not able to init flash

Thu May 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Hi,

I am a beginner in AT91SAM9263 and SAM-BA.

We are using AT91SAM9263 processor.We are utilizing

1. ROMBoot to copy bootstrap(Atmel supplied) into internal SRAM.

2. bootstrap code(Atmel supplied) copies the data flash contents to SDRAM and then executes from there.

While we are running our application in SDRAM,if we want to load a new application in Flash, J-Link is not able to initialize the flash to gain access to program the device.

Please help us by providing the reason for this behaviour as well as the solution if any.

your reply awaited.

Thanks
beginnerat91
npeacock

Re: when code runs from SDRAM, J -Link is not able to init flash

Thu May 13, 2010 11:28 pm

Is this an eval board? In my custom board I had a problem initializing the nandflash with SAM-BA at first.

I found that the micron data sheet said the nandflash would respond to an ID request starting with 0xF1 as its ID. However once actually placed on my board it was responding with 0xD1, which wasn't in the list so SAM-BA didn't know its parameters (Fair warning, F1 and D1 are from my fuzzy memory, might be be the actual values).

So I had to add 0xD1 and recompile the SAM-BA applet. I ended up having to do this with the boostrap, uboot and linux kernel code and compile all these myself as well. If you think this might be your problem, I can check the model number of the nandflash I used.

Return to “SAM-BA”