SAM9M10 & WinCE BSP: MP4 playback using Hardware video codec

This forum is for users of Atmel's SAM Series and who are interested in using WinCE OS.

Moderator: nferre

emtrionFt

SAM9M10 & WinCE BSP: MP4 playback using Hardware video codec

Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 am

Hello,

I'm using the AT91SAM9G45M10EK_SRC_CE6 v.1.2.0 BSP for the AT91SAM9M10 processor. This BSP includes a Video Decoder Driver using the hardware decoder of the processor. The video playback works fine, but without any sound. I know that the MP4 file contains sounds to the video, but this sound is never output. Although I include each audio codec which comes with the CE Platform Builder I never get the sound. But I'm sure that the audio driver is working because I can playback a .wav file successfully.
Can anybody give me hints how I can playback a MP4 files so that I get video and sound? Which properties (sample frequency, bit rate) I have to use to generate a file which I can use to test this beahviour? Is there any free sample file which I can use to test this?

Regards,
Ruediger
Adeneo

Re: SAM9M10 & WinCE BSP: MP4 playback using Hardware video codec

Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:19 pm

Hi emtrionFt,

What is the audio format used in your video? You can open the video with VLC on PC and look at the properties to get it.
If you have included all audio codecs in your image, perhaps it means that there is no codec in WinCE for this audio format.

HTH

Return to “WinCE”