[Resolved] Yocto : Building image containg the hello-mod skeleton package

This forum is for users of Microchip MPUs and who are interested in using Linux OS.

Moderator: nferre

romainht

[Resolved] Yocto : Building image containg the hello-mod skeleton package

Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:19 am

Hello,

we are using yocto (sumo branch) to build Linux image for our sama5d3 xplained board. As we need a custom kernel module, I added the following line for testing, in a core-image-minimal.bbappend file :

Code: Select all

IMAGE_INSTALL += "hello-mod"
But when I try to build the core-image-minimal recipe, I get the following error :
ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Unable to install packages. Command '/home/test_user/devel/poky-sumo/build-atmel/tmp/work/sama5d3_xplained-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/opkg --volatile-cache -f /home/test_user/devel/poky-sumo/build-atmel/tmp/work/sama5d3_xplained-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/opkg.conf -t /home/test_user/devel/poky-sumo/build-atmel/tmp/work/sama5d3_xplained-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/ipktemp/ -o /home/test_user/devel/poky-sumo/build-atmel/tmp/work/sama5d3_xplained-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs --force_postinstall --prefer-arch-to-version install hello-mod packagegroup-core-boot run-postinsts' returned 1:
Collected errors:
* Solver encountered 1 problem(s):
* Problem 1/1:
* - nothing provides kernel-module-hello-4.14.73-linux4sam_6.0 needed by hello-mod-0.1-r0.sama5d3_xplained
* Solution 1:
* - do not ask to install a package providing hello-mod

ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/test_user/devel/poky-sumo/build-atmel/tmp/work/sama5d3_xplained-poky-linux-gnueabi/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.4787
ERROR: Task (/home/test_user/devel/poky-sumo/build-atmel/../meta/recipes-core/images/core-image-minimal.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'
It only seems to happen when I build an image using atmel layer.

Any idea is welcome.
Thanks,
Romain
romainht

Re: [Resolved] Yocto : Building image containg the hello-mod skeleton package

Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:29 pm

Bug resolved in latest commit of meta-atmel

Return to “LINUX”