OpenWRT warnings during build

This forum is for users of Microchip MPUs and who are interested in using Linux OS.

Moderator: nferre

Mattia

OpenWRT warnings during build

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:53 pm

Hello,
I'm trying to use OpenWRT on my Sama5D27-SOM-EK. I followed your instruction, but when I try to do "make defconfig", I get some warnings: "WARNING: Makefile "package/feed/packages/ipvsadm/Makefile has dependency on "kmod-nf-ipvs", which does not exist and
"WARNING: Makefile "package/feed/packages/keepalived/Makefile has dependency on "kmod-nf-ipvs", which does not exist
tmp/.config-package.in:12083 error: recursive dependency detected!
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt subsection"Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
tmp/.config-package,in:12083 symbol PACKAGE_kmod-openvswitch is selected by PACKAGE_kmode-openvswitch-geneve
For a resolution refer to Documentation/kbuild/kconfig-language.txt subsection"Kconfig recursive dependency limitations"
tmp/.config-package,in:12098 symbol PACKAGE_kmode-openvswitch-geneve depends on PACKAGE_kmod-openvswitch

What should I do? I tried to make, and except the warnings:
"WARNING: Makefile "package/feed/packages/ipvsadm/Makefile has dependency on "kmod-nf-ipvs", which does not exist and
"WARNING: Makefile "package/feed/packages/keepalived/Makefile has dependency on "kmod-nf-ipvs", which does not exist

it does seem to compile. Is it an important warning? Could I implement/download those packages in a second time?

Thank you,
Mattia
blue_z

Re: OpenWRT warnings during build

Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 am

You neglect to mention which version you're using.
FWIW the Linux4SAM OpenWrt web page has been recently updated, and release 6.0 of the buildsystem is now available.

Regards

Return to “LINUX”