[AT91SAM9260] The content of flash still exist after erase?

This forum is for users of Atmel's SAM Series and who are interested in using Linux OS.

Moderator: nferre

floyd

[AT91SAM9260] The content of flash still exist after erase?

Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:58 am

Currently, I participate a project, and the previous guy that responsible for this task has been leave our team, I am working on verification to replacing our external NAND flash (Samsung -- K9F1G08U0B) with a new external NAND Flash (Micron Technology -- 29f1g08abaea wp), there are two different board that the NAND Flash already replaced, but after erase the content of NAND Flash (by typing "nand erase" in prompt), I can't make NAND Flash to start reinitial and subsequent process for both board.

Currently, I found that PC could not recognized the device through the COM Port, without any message appeared on device manager, but when I pull the /CE pin to VDD for the external NAND Flash (disable the Flash), PC could recognized the device, and "AT91 USB to Serial Converter (COM8)" appeared on device manager,

So I just guess that the Flash is not cleared all the content, and I have no idea for the next ~
Could someone can give some hints for me, or any tutorial & reference guide that I need to study before.

I appreciated with your helps
Best wishes.
blue_z

Re: [AT91SAM9260] The content of flash still exist after era

Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:09 pm

floyd wrote:... but after erase the content of NAND Flash (by typing "nand erase" in prompt),
What Linux shell command is that?
This doesn't even look like a Linux question.
floyd wrote:.Currently, I found that PC could not recognized the device through the COM Port, without any message appeared on device manager, ..., PC could recognized the device, and "AT91 USB to Serial Converter (COM8)" appeared on device manager,
What's the significance of what your PC does?
How is this even connected to the target board?
floyd wrote:Could someone can give some hints for me, or any tutorial & reference guide that I need to study before.
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Regards

Return to “Linux”