Kernel configuration fragments

This forum is for users of Microchip MPUs and who are interested in using Linux OS.

Moderator: nferre

tamel

Kernel configuration fragments

Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:18 am

Hello

I'm building the kernel for the sama5d4-xplained and I'm trying to create configuration fragments in order to enable ipv6.
I have my own Yocto layer and I'm using this guide to create the kernel configuration fragments: http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.0.2/ ... -fragments
I've created a bbappend file in my layer, here: recipes-kernel/linux/linux-at91_4.1.bbappend
The content of this file is:

Code: Select all

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:"
SRC_URI += "file://ipv6enable.cfg"

SRCREV_machine = "${SRCREV}"
The contents of the file recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto/ipv6enable.cfg:

Code: Select all

CONFIG_IPV6=y
CONFIG_INET6_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_IPV6_TUNNEL=y
CONFIG_IPV6_ROUTER_PREF=y 
I'm configuring the kernel, cleaning first:
* bitbake -c cleansstate linux-at91
* bitbake linux-at91 -c configure

But when inspecting the output tmp/work/sama5d4_xplained-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-at91/4.1+gitAUTOINC+00ea8f3f67-r0/build/.config file,
the flags from the ipv6enable.cfg file are ignored.

From my understanding the meta-atmel layer is providing some partial kernel config in the meta-atmel/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-at91-4.1/sama5/defconfig file. This is not as described in the manual, defconfig beeing a complete .config file.
Also my .cfg files are ignored.

My question is what is the right way of configuring the kernel in my own layer, when using the meta-atmel layer.
Basically I want the final .config file to contain the configurations from the meta-atmel layer + my configs, from my layer.

Thanks.
RogerTrent

Re: Kernel configuration fragments

Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:34 am

The layer looks to be setup to build kernel 2.6.39 (as that is the kernel I am currently using), but that's not what's happening on my system.

Return to “Linux”